The Research Laboratory of Marketing and Management of Businesses and Organizations of the Department of Management of Organizations, Marketing and Tourism -Research Laboratory of Marketing and Management of Businesses and Organizations of the International University of Greece was founded in 2018, and was re-established in September 2020 (F.E.K. 4084 B/23.09.2020) and serves research and teaching needs in the broader field of “Marketing and the Management of Businesses and Organizations” and in particular in matters (indicative) related to
- the management of businesses and organizations,
- the administration of institutions and organizations,
- the administration and training of human resources in companies and organizations,
- IT and communications and e-business technologies for businesses and organizations,
- innovation and entrepreneurship in business and organization management,
- regional policy and development,
- the strategic management of businesses and organizations,
- the financial management of businesses and organizations,
- national and regional development,
- the training of all levels and categories in administration and marketing subjects,
- the administration of service enterprises,
- the administration of public and private entities and service providers,
- the administration of educational units,
- the management and training of human resources of companies and organizations,
- IT and communications and e-business technologies for businesses and organizations,
- research methodologies and market research,
- financial management,
- education of all levels and categories.
The purpose of the Workshop is:
- 1. The coverage at undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral level of the teaching, research and study needs of the Department of Organizational Management, Marketing and Tourism, in matters that fall within the activities of the Laboratory as specified in article 1 hereof.
- Cooperation with public agencies, organizations, institutes and private companies in Greece and abroad, with the aim of contributing to the study and solution of problems related to the scope of the Laboratory.
- Any form of collaboration with research centers, academic and educational institutions (and their Departments or Schools), postgraduate study programs, laboratories of Higher Educational Institutions and with scientists, domestic or foreign, with goals that coincide, coincide or complement each other with those of the Laboratory, but also the collaboration with other social and scientific bodies, public services, local government organizations, public benefit organizations, etc., with the aim of contributing to the study of issues related to marketing and the management of businesses and organizations.
- The organization of scientific lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, conferences, educational programs of any kind and other scientific events.
- Making publications and editions.
- The invitation of Greek and foreign recognized scientists.
- The implementation of research, educational and development programs in all relevant fields of its scientific area, independently or in collaboration with other laboratories, faculty members, or Departments of DIPAE, or other educational, scientific, or research institutions as well as with public or private institutions, organizations and businesses, national and foreign.
- The upgrading of the teaching methods of the Department of Organizational Management, Marketing and Tourism of the DIPAE.
- The development, production and distribution of any form of educational material.
- The connection of the Laboratory with productive sectors and bodies of society and the economy with the aim of promoting its wider scientific goals and giving back to society.
- The development of products and the provision of services as provided in p.d. 159/1984 (Α΄53): “Conditions for the provision of services by university laboratories to individuals and organizations of any legal form”, as amended and as applicable.
Members of the laboratory
Members of the laboratory can be members of the Faculty, EDIP, PhDs, PhD Candidates and Postgraduate students, of the Department as well as other Departments, giving interdisciplinary nature to its actions. Faculty members of DIPAE and members of the laboratory are:
Konstantinos Assimakopoulos, assistant professor of the department of organization management, marketing and tourism, dipae
- Eugenia Papaioannou, assistant professor, department of organization management, marketing and tourism, dipae
- Antonia Delistavrou, associate professor, department of organization management, marketing and tourism, dipae
- Ioanna Leontaridou, professor, department of nutrition and dietetics, bipae
- Georgios Tsekouropoulos, assistant professor, department of organization management, marketing and tourism, bipae
- Athanasios Gounas, professor of applications, department of organization management, marketing and tourism, bipae
- Savvas Mavridis, professor, department of organization management, marketing and tourism, bipae
- Margarita Zarogianni
- Tzoulia Sevaslidou
SVOVE is a European funded project under ERASMUS+. Cause / need of society. It was observed that the external appearance of people affects their psychology and by extension their physical health. It has been found, for example, that people taking chemotherapy tolerate it better or need fewer applications (cycles) of chemotherapy if they are in a better psychological state. SVOVE aims to study and record the knowledge, abilities and skills that aesthetic and well-being professionals should have in order to better approach vulnerable social groups and apply well-being and aesthetic treatments in order to improve their aesthetics, their well-being and their psychological state. Professionals from the field of health, wellness, aesthetics and marketing participate and aim to accomplish all of the above with the multidisciplinarity of working groups. It also includes a series of workshops (multilabs) in which SVOVE team members work on the goals set by the European committee.
Three workshops were held (Finland – online, Greece – face-to-face, France – face-to-face) and two more coordination meetings in Perugia, Italy.
A modern social care structure of the International University of Greece
The main purpose of this action is to create a modern structure of social care and counseling and psychological support for students with the ultimate goal of increasing the rate of consistent completion of their studies and promoting the equal participation of students from sensitive social groups (low income classes, disabled, single-parent families, students from immigrant families, students with serious health problems). More at https://umbrella.ihu.gr.
Dr. Papaioannou participates as a representative of the department. The tasks performed within the project are the following:
- Identification of the target group
- iMentor Network
- Pilot application of the “Umbrella” structure
- Development of “Support” network
- Diffusion of the actions of the “Umbrella” structure
Dr. Papaioannou participates as Deputy President of the Evaluation Committee in the framework of the Announcement for the strengthening of Basic Research of the Hellenic Research and Innovation Foundation.
“Organization, Management and Therapeutic Practices of Wellness Units and SPA” program in the field of wellness
The global wellness industry is growing exponentially, generating investment, jobs and income. According to the Global Wellness Institute (2019) the global market that has developed around the concept of wellness reaches 4.2 trillion dollars. In this direction, the need to adapt PMS graduates to the potential that characterizes the wellness industry is considered imperative, in order for them to be able to face the challenges and contribute to strengthening the phenomenon in the domestic market.
The project has as its primary purpose the investigation of the possibilities and employment prospects of PMS graduates in the field of wellness and as a secondary objective the updating of the PMS Curriculum, the strengthening of skills/abilities and academic qualifications
of its graduates, in order to respond to the rapidly evolving conditions of the sector. This makes its contribution to their smooth absorption into the labor market in positions of responsibility important. At the same time, the in-depth investigation of the needs of the market, expands the possibilities of undertaking entrepreneurial action by the current and future graduates of PMS.
The SunCoChem project under Horizon2020 framework aims to develop technology for the production of oxo-products by recycled CO2 as a renewable carbon source, sun and water. Oxo-products are essential in the production of most of the fragrance and flavors products such as personal and home care products. The IHU research team is responsible for the Task 5.3 which regards the social impact assessment of the SunCoChem technology when it is used by the fragrance and flavors chemical industry sector. The assessment of the social impact that the deployment of SunCoChem technology will have in the sector of cosmetics and detergents is addressed through marketing research on:
– the relevant industry experts about their perceptions concerning the new technology developed by SunCoChem project which will be embedded in the production processes and the new-attributes of the final consumer packaged goods that contain green chemicals.
– consumers (in 4 European countries: France, Germany, Greece and Spain) about their intentions to buy consumer packaged goods (personal and home care products) containing chemicals produced with recycled CO2.
The IHU research consists of 3 members of the Marketing Direction and an external researcher. Irene Tilikidou, Emeritus Professor and Antonia Delistavrou, Associate Professor, work together as a research team conducting marketing research for more than 20 years. Their research is focused on issues of ecological consumer behavior and ethical consumption. Eugenia Papaioannou is an experienced researcher and together with an external researcher have joined the IHU research team for the requirements of the specific project.