The Lab of Data Analysis and Business Intelligence of the Department of Organisation Management, Marketing and Tourism of the International Hellenic University has been established in its latest form in 2020, continuing the legacy of the Lab of Data Analysis and Multimedia Applications, which was established in 2006 in the former Department of Marketing. The activities of DABILab are:
- To promote scientific knowledge in the fields of
- Statistical analysis of research data and quantitative methods.
- Analysis of business data with statistical, data mining and machine learning methods.
- Business Intelligence and applications of Artificial Intelligence in Marketing, Management and Education.
- Databases, information and knowledge modeling, linked data applications, semantic web and reasoning.
- Intelligent web applications in business, marketing and education.
- Digital marketing and social media technologies.
- Analysis and optimisation of multimedia content and neuromarketing techniques.
- To support the conduction of research in order to cover the research needs of the Department of Organisation Management, Marketing and Tourism.
- To support the conduction of research to cover the teaching needs of the Department, in relation to the disciplines of data management and analysis, statistics, intelligent information system applications in marketing and management, through the diffusion of knowledge, elaboration of undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations, and doctorate theses, as well as the facilitation of internships in collaboration with various organisations.
- To pursue new independent or funded research projects, coordinating research activities on behalf of the Department.
- To promote the collaboration with other academic institutes and research centers in the country and internationally, with similar or complementary interests.
- To promote the collaboration with public organisations or private businesses in order to apply the produced knowledge, in collaboration with the Research Commitee of IHU.
- Publication of the research results and activities in national and international scientific journals.
Members of the Lab of Data Analysis and Business Intelligence
George Stalidis, Professor
- George Kokkinis, Assistant Professor
- Sotirios Vlachakis, Lecturer
- Marina Syrpi, Assistant Professor, Dept of Accounting and Information Systems
- Ilias Nitsos, Lecturer, Dept. of Library Science
- Eudokia Konstantinidou, Laboratory Teaching Personnel